Saturday, June 14, 2008

GF Stupid Cheap Cereal Recipe

After reading the word "malt" or "wheat" on every cereal box on that aisle in Wal-Mart, I decided something had to be done. I took a trip to the whole foods store and looked at their cereals. I was aghast at the prices of cereal. Dude, it's just cereal. It's not made out of silver, it doesn't come in a gilded box. Dang!

It was time to put on the old thinking hat, while holding firmly onto my wallet.

Buy some rice cakes. They've gotten better than they were in the 80's, I swear.
They have them in many flavors and they're readily available. (I still read the backs, tho.)

Single serving Cereal:
1.5 rice cakes crumbled into small bits. (I like the apple cinnamon or peanut butter)
Add something to make it fun for a kid.
Examples: Mini marshmallows, a squirt of chocolate syup or strawberry syrup, raisins, dried fruit bits, slivered almonds or pecan bits...

Add your milk. Tah-Dah!

One screaming heck of a lot cheaper than GF cereal and no messy baking dishes to have to deal with.

No comments: